Re: Lewisberry, PA

We have an 18 year old foxtrotter mare that we put some conditioning on and she
did some 25 CTRs last year and will probably do a few this year with friends
aboard who have never dreamed about riding 5 miles let alone 25.  Forget 50 or
100!  She was the horse who helped my sister get back into riding and see she CAN
distance ride!  She went out and bought her own horse!  My friend, Jan Kennedy,
has an 18 year old mare that beats the pants off the competition when it comes to
P & Rs and she looks great, too!  At one CTR last year, I recall she scored
something like a 390 plus!!  I think older horses do well if they are well cared
for but I see a lot of older horses out on the trail!  Endurance horses seem to
live longer because they are fitter and well taken care of!  I think Jan retired
her other older mare at 21 or 22!  Good luck with yours!
Maggie