No Subject

Regarding dumb things......Kimberly and Linda may have heard this story-one of the dumbest things I have done.....

Took Chancy to Pt Reyes to camp, had only had her a few months.  Very spooky horse, mistrust of people, just starting to get a relationship straightened out.  Anyway, we had the horses all set up in electric corrals-they are all used to that.  Settled around the camp-fire, laughing with friends.
I had enough wine to put me in a "good mood."  My friend and I suddenly realized it was dark, and we better put the blankets on the horses.

She got her lantern; we got the blankets, and I carefully and gently put the blanket on my mare, who was standing calmly by the electric fence by her buddy.  I did the chest buckles, and reached under for the belly band.  It was hard to find, and seemed to pull out of my hands, but I finally grabbed that sucker and fastened it. Then the back leg straps.  Gave my mare a final pat, and ducked under the wire.  My friend was standing there and asked, "ready for me to turn on the charger?"  I took one more look at my mare, and got a strange feeling-she was standing too still.  I told my friend to wait one second, and went to check.....realized to my horror that I had buckled my horse around the electric wire!!  I started laughing hysterically, but she still stood calmly while I undid her from the fence, and buckled her the right way.
What a wreck that could have been!

Karen and Chancy.