Trailer experience

My husband and I had just gotten our brand new four horse slant trailer and decided to take two of our experienced horses to the arena.
Loaded them up, tied them in, shut the dividers -- off we go.
Get to the arena and my husband hops out and looked in the drop down window on his way to the back and I suddenly hear "Oh my God".
He opens up the back of the trailer and there is one of the dividers laying on the floor at the feet of our "freaked out" horses with big hoof marks everywhere on it.
I'm sure we have some broken or damaged legs, etc.
Got them untangled and unloaded, checked them and turned out no injuries "God protects fools and children . . .?"
What happened is when we tied our little gelding up he had enough line to put his head down and under the divider and when he pushed up - it popped out. Should have had some kind of safety latch to prevent that from happening but it didn't.
We took the trailer back and had them lower the dividers (for our shorter horses), put in a safety mechanism so dividers don't come out when lifted up and we always allow only a small amount of lead line when they are tied inside.

Karen
kwendt@ados.com