Re: Dishing

In a message dated 1/27/99 9:14:08 PM Pacific Standard Time, Dbeverly4@aol.com
writes:

<< he gave a selenium injection to a
 horse who subsequently had an anaphalactic reaction (sp?).  She was guilty of
 not having epinepherine  with her to combat the reaction.  >>

Wouldn't have mattered much. We had two die in 1998 with this kind of
reaction--to Lasix injections--and both were dead before the vet left the
stall. Just keeled over and died. Nobody tried epinephrine in either case.

I don't like Lasix injections for other reasons, but we were stuck with them
on these horses because of the racing rules (Oregon/Washington) up here. Once
on the stuff, it's hard to take them off because of backwards regulations. At
one point we refused the drug and were told that we would not be able to race
again if we didn't use it.

ti