[Fwd: Vosal/Bosal/Hackamore]

---- Begin included message ----
Sorry, you are not allowed to post to ridecamp-d@endurance.net.
This is a digest version of the ridecamp list. If wish to post
your message, resend it to ridecamp@endurance.net.

Please note that in order to post to ridecamp,  you must be subscribed
to either ridecamp or the ridecamp digest.

If you are not a member of either list, but would like to become one,
please go to http://www.endurance.net and follow the links to RideCamp.

Steph

--------------------------
I've been riding for 20 years and continue to break all of my babies to
a bosal.  As their training progresses I move to a vosal for more
intricate commands.  I prefer the vosal for endurance since it's
mechanical and will allow an animal to put it's head in a bucket.  I
find that with the proper training I have just as much control with a
vosal/bosal as I do with a bit.  I've been riding my Arabian stallion
for several years in a vosal.  He ponies all of the babies sometimes two
at a time and the vosal works just great on him.  He's well mannered at
endurance races as many people could vouch for (I.A. Baskallason).  I
don't feel people have to have a piece of cold metal in a horses mouth
to communicate efectively with them.  However I do use a snaffle at
shows (vosal's aren't allowed in Hunter Hack and Equitation classes).

Ellisa Johnson (Gilbert, PS)

---- End included message ----