kat/ horse hobby economics

kat, I was pretty much with you through that long discussion. Those of us that
raise horses know we will lose money, it's just a question of how much. However,
I won't stop raising great endurance horses, I'll just sell them to
non-endurance riders with funds to buy them. Or go to the foreign market. Any
way you look at it, I'll still do it because I want some of them for myself.
  You lost me when you said it's not true that you get what you pay for.
Sometimes you do and sometimes you don't. You can call the people that have
bought
endurance prospects from me, and paid what they were worth, who are now
successfully
competing on those horses. They'll tell you they got what they paid for, and it
was worth the price. When you know what you're doing when you breed, you can
produce a consistent product.
wendy