Re: Endurance horse prices 1999

Maureen, Some helpful reading on breeding.  Order the book "The Estes
formula for Breeding Stakes Winners by Joseph A Estes.  Yes it is about
Thoroughbreds but the concepts carry across to our game.  A quote from the
book "Pedigrees are useful only when we are ignorant of the merit of the
individual and not very useful then.  The more we know about the individual
and its progeny the less we need to know about the pedigree.  When we have
a moderately complete record of the individual and its progeny, the
pedigree becomes useless."  So you can on cold winters evenings sit around
a read for entertainment all the pedigrees you want.  That will not make
the horse run faster or longer or drop quicker than its cousins. Jerry
Fruth

Hickory Ridge Arabians web page:
http://www.evansville.net/~hikryrdg/

Standing JABASK KNIGHT
On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Maureen Mathisen wrote...