Re: Best places for trail riders

We live in the middle of Davy Crockett National Forest in east Texas.
Just out my back gate is 186,000 acres of forest trails to find and
explore. We have helped establish over 50 miles of equestrian trails in
the DCNF, with one trailhead only about one-half mile from us. The
second trailhead is 20 miles (by trail) away. Everyone who rides these
trails love them.
We've managed two rides a year on the Piney Creek Horse trails
(designated by diamond-shaped markers) and other special use trails
which we mark just for the rides (although the trail riders have told me
that they really like those trails they ride that "just have the ribbon
markers!").
These trails are gently rolling with the only "hill work" being up and
down the creek banks. I truly appreciate the ability to just ride out
the back gate and ride whenever I want to.

Linda Parrish
Kennard, TX