RE: Endurance horse prices 1999

On Monday, January 25, 1999 11:47 AM, Lif Strand
[SMTP:fasterhorses@gilanet.com] wrote:

> In other words, I think the bulk of the endurance community just wants
> any horse that will complete rides well.  While this is what sets the
> market prices, I just can't see it leading to a future of progressive
> evolution of the sport of endurance racing.   So the question is - does
> this matter?  Lif
> --
>
>                                     ____________

Lif

Good point but I don't think it does matter.  There will always be mediocre
horses and there will always be super horses.  If you want to win and
actually compete then you'd be pretty motivated to buy the super horse.
 But if you are just riding for the pure enjoyment of endurance riding then
a mediocre horse would do o.k. too.  It is exactly like the Volkswagen vs
Ferrari analogy.  As for the future of progressive endurance riding, why
change what isn't broke to begin with?  I'd hate to see it become totally
commercialized and so high priced to compete that the bulk of the just
average riders loose the opportunity to compete at all due to monetary
issues. Just my $.02!

                                  Cheryl Newbanks
~~~          ~~  ^ ^        SW Region
~~~\      _~~/  /\ /        Buckeye, AZ