re:horse prices

i have been reading about the different prices one could expect to pay for a
top endurance horse. to be quite honest, i find these prices relatively
inexpensive. i don't know much about endurance riding, or arabians, which seem
to be the prevalent endurance horse, but for a top notch aniaml, this seems
like a pretty decent deal. we do hunting-pace events with our warmbloods. take
5,000 bucks and go see how much of a honoverian or oldenburg you would get!
not too damn much! i paid 2,000 bucks for my mule and i think i got a pretty
good deal for a 21 month old animal who has never been riden . i paid for his
genetics and the ground work the seller did with him before i got him. just my
opinion, but it seems pretty fair to me what you will pay for a top endurance
prospect. rick