Re: tick repellant

Hi, all.
    We developed a natural Cedar oil spray that is very concentrated.
The original
purpose was to deodorize kennels, and spray the dog's bedding, as
trainers seemed
to like the natural odor.  The funny thing was that one day, we were in
a group of
kennels at the race track and one of the trainers ran out to pull us
into his kennel
as he had just sprayed the bedding in the cages.  He wanted us to see
how ticks
were crawling up the cinder-block walls to get away from the Cedar.
Since then
we have used it on our own dogs when we were in tick season, and I spray
it on
my horses' bedding in the summertime here in FL and it even seems to
repel the
mosquitoes and flies as well.  We have just started seeing ticks on the
horses and
I am going out later to wipe them down with the Cedar.
    It is oily, but can be shaken up with water as it is very
concentrated.  If you
decide to try a non-chemical alternative, and cannot find Cedar oil in
your area,
feel free to contact me.  It is not expensive, and is great for spraying
even around
the base of the house to keep ants out.

Linda (AVP)