You're Welcome (NPCA)

Dear Lynge:

>---LSimoni197@aol.com wrote:
>
> Thank you for doing the research...

YOU'RE WELCOME. It literally took no time to do, and I was stuck in
the house due to inclement weather.  My primary concern was that
others on Ridecamp have access to the facts so they could support
Connie's request to contact your park facility.

> Depending on where in our wonderful Country you live, you may or may
not have a problem with trail closures.<

WHEN DEBBIE ZANOT (Pennsylvania) got me involved in endurance last
year (my first year of exposure), I literally had NO CONCEPT of what I
was getting into!!

On the topic of trail closures, my friend and one of my endurance
mentors, Sally Aungier of Powhattan VA, is a very highly evolved and
politically involved equestrian trails advocate for the Commonwealth
of Virginia.  Slowly but surely, Sally is making sure that I get an
education in trail access issues. For instance, she has me enrolled in
the Virginia Horse Council conference in February.

I am new to my home in Syria, Virginia.  The horse owners live in this
area, and those who come to ride up here in the Blue Ridge, are
fortunate to have access to the Shenandoah National Park, as well as
private lands where we are permitted to ride. The long-time equestrian
residents have established a trail maintenance improvement fund to
hire work crews to keep the trails safe for everyone who rides up here
(and there are hundreds, if not thousands, of trail riders who haul up
here every year because the trail system is SO AWESOME.) And Sally
tirelessly monitors political developments in the Commonwealth which
affect our access to trails.

Lynge, my horse Tez and I are newcomers to the endurance sport.
Joining AERC, lurking on Ridecamp, meeting lots of AERC and CTR
participants....these things have made me a much, much better horse
owner, and a better rider.

Thanks for your post.
Susie Wimberly
Reilly O'Dog (faithful sidekick)
EA Tezzeray, the WonderHorse, 'o ye of the massive, floating extended
road trot'