Bonding

Hi Maggie,
  I have to agree that raising an endurance horse from birth can be one of life's wondrous experiences.  After raising two children and riding the same endurance horse for 13 years, I thought I knew about bonding, but I was unprepared for the intensely powerful connection that has developed with my 7 month old weanling filly.  Though Dahrah is bred for endurance, I am now so ridiculously protective of her that it will be a miracle if she ever makes it to an actual ride.
  Has anybody else had to contend with this?
Karen Schwartz
Livermore, CA