A little horsey humor

This was sent to me by a friend who apparently found it on Equine-L.  I
don't know who wrote it but it brought me a chuckle on this early Tuesday
morning.  It reminds me of when I announced, some years back, that I was
going to get me a *big* horse for dressage...but I was only looking for
something around $5K.  My husband immediately turned around and told
someone I was "getting ready to spend $45K!!...cuz after she gets that
horse, she'll need a new trailer.  That big horse isn't going to fit in
that little trailer.  Then she'll need a new truck, cuz that Blazer isn't
going to pull that big trailer...so...yup...this horse will cost $45,000."
And it did!!!

Enjoy. ;-)

Sue
---------------

Riches to Rags
I worked and slaved for many years until everything was sunny,
I chose one day to have some fun with all my hard earned money.
I bought a big 2 acre ranch out on the edge of town.
I bought a palomino horse that I could ride around.
And then I bought a saddle with a fancy padded seat,
And a silver conchoed bridle and some Justins for my feet.
I bought a jingle'n pair of spurs and a big ol' Stetsen hat.
I bought some Copenhagen for the pocket where I sat.
I bought a brand new trailer, and I spent a pretty buck
On a great big, shiney, 5 speed, tandem fifthwheel pick-up truck.
I had all my equipment, I was feeling proud and pert,
'Til that lowdown, onrey critter dumped my nose right in the dirt.
I hadda pay a horse trainer to break that yellar hide,
Then I paid a little extra and he taught me how to ride.
Though everything was fine now, I started feeling pensive,
This happy fun filled horsey life was getting right expensive.
No problem, though, I now was free to ride,
And thus enjoy my well broke, well trained toy with a palomino hide.
And then for a week that's what I did on my high dollar pet,
But then he got the colic and I had to call a vet.
Now if you're thinken that docters have a career that makes them wealthy,
Just wait til you pay a vets bill to keep your horses healthy!
Then ol' Yellar started limping when he stepped down on a clod,
So I paid another wad of bills and got that cayuse shod.
And if that wasn't quite enough then winter came my way,
So I had to build a barn and buy a load of hay
They I bought a quilted blanket and a matching quilted hood,
To keep ol' yellar warm and keep him lookin good.
Sigh!
And then I took a wife, and she had a girl and boy,
They liked to ride my horse so much, I bought one each for them.
I tossed more dollars at the vet, and at the trainer too,
And don't forget the farrier with his anvel and his shoe.
We had us 4 fine horses, now, so to get where we could ride,
I bought a bigger trailer yet, and more money I goodbyed.
Then both those silly youngsters took to ridin' rodeos.
Their gear and clothes and gasoline had me paying through the nose.
And here I am today my friends, in an agitated state,
Cause somehow, those 4 horses have multiplied to eight.
I'm horse rich and money poor and am suffering great remorse
For once I was a wealthy man till I went and bought a horse.

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.