Re: RC: re: Upcoming Elections & Bylaw

My Understandings stem from extensive discussions with members of the
Rules Committee over several months and specifically at the Central Region
Convention this spring.  The LD is recognized as being 0-49 miles, with
two divisions.  The 'pleasure' or 'introductory' distance which would be
anything under 25 miles would be exempt from all normal fees, including
the sanction fee, per rider fee and the non-member fee, and would not
accumulate points or miles.   We also discussed that Sanctioning Directors
do have guidelines as to what is sanctioned, so it will not be a
free-for-all of 1 mile races or 48 mile 'LD's.

I don't believe that there has been a problem with other *sanctioned*
events being held in conjunction with AERC events, and I don't see how
this changes that.  It simply offers another option, but offers it with
responsibilities, rules, guidelines, vet control, and all the good things
that AERC sanction means to a ride, rather then a total freeform.

Becky Huffman
Huffman's Arabians, ~ The Original Series ~
http://www.htcomp.net/huffman/