Jim Oury

I've never met the man, Jim Oury, but when I heard that he has no intentions
of any type of litigation whatsoever, from his accident, I knew he's the kind
of guy I'd like to meet and get to know.

Those of you quoting statutes and paragraphs from various law publications
regarding law suits need to know one thing.  A lawyer needs a client to make
money.  If we started taking away all the clients, maybe we could save our
civil judicial system from itself and those who run it.

Endurance riding is fun, exciting, and challenging.  But there is an element
of danger and that's what makes it fun, exciting, and challenging.  Now we're
going to control the finishes????  Can't wait to see what group starts a
controlled finish at a ride. That will go over big.

Just camping out (especially with me) poses a threat to one's personal
safety.  I mean, you are sleeping with over a hundred horses, ever wonder
what would happen if they all got loose and started stampeding? (I've thought
about this one sleeping in my Wal Mart tent at night).  I have yet to see a
start that's totally safe.  And the ride itself is full of danger.  Isn't
that the way we like it?

My hat goes off to Jim and I hope he heals quickly.  I'm glad the RM's are
there and know that the work they do is incredible.  For any rider to slam an
RM is something I just don't understand.  If not for them, where would we
ride?  I have a hard enough time organizing my truck, trailer, and horse to
get there on time.  Can't imagine what the RMs go thru to pull a ride off.  I
would never blame them for anything that happens at a ride; it's the people
attending who cause problems.  Loose dogs, loose kids, loose horses, loose
women (haha, just kidding),  all elements of danger that come with most rides
I've been to.

Let's leave the lawyers at home, we don't need them on the trails with us.

cya,
Howard