Re: RC: Let's not talk about David Boggs Please

Mike (and Steph), I'm sorry that you think that David Boggs has nothing to do
with endurance.  As it so happens, IAHA is trying hard to gain a higher
profile in our sport, and rightfully so, since distance riding in its various
forms are one of the most natural and logical avenues of competition for
Arabian horses.  Consequently, how they handle enforcement of their own rules
in other venues is of great interest to a great many of us, even if we aren't
currently active in the show ring.  As more of IAHA's regions get involved
with hosting regional championship endurance rides and CTR's, more and more
of us have to relate to and deal with IAHA.  That is the crux of this issue
to many of us, and we ARE interested--not only in what IAHA does, but in how
other distance riders perceive their actions.  Where better to gauge that
than on ridecamp?

Personally, I find this thread of more interest than many of the threads on
what to wear, what to drive, and what horsetrailer to pull, but those are
very important to other folks, especially new folks.  Please don't deny this
forum the opportunity to discuss an issue that does hold interest to a great
many of us (judging by the volume of posts it has generated)--it truly does
relate to our common interest.

Heidi