peeing on "command"

Angela Dobb angela_dobb@email.mobil.com
I know several people that have taught their horses to do this
when they whistle.

The "importance" of this was brought home to me recently.  I was
comiserating with someone whose mare had got lamed out at the
70 mile vet check on a 100 miler.  She was trotted up twice but
the two vets said the horse "was off" behind.  Rider agreed that
horse looked off (although she hadn't noticed anything during the ride).
As she walked the horse away from the vet area the mare stopped and had a really
long pee.  She was "lame" because she'd been trotting with crossed legs!
Horse now sound, but you only get one chance with the vets so she was out
of the ride.

Oh good.....now I've got something ELSE to worry about!

Angela

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-