How about Us???

Sylvia, this isn't meant as a flame.
Hmm. Well, I personally haven't seen horses whipped to trot out at the
end, and that would include rides such as the OD, Fort Valley, even the
Cosequin this weekend, not to mention the rides I have come to enjoy in
KY and SC...
IF I see stuff that does go on at a trailer where a horse was in somewhat
marginal shape, I would be first in line (and have) to report to the head
vet/ or ride manager if necessary. I have seen riders who were too tired
to be ABLE to take proper care of the horse- in those cases I or someone
else was just given a heads up and we stepped in to help... And I am
probably naive a bit, but I do watch horses as much as I can. A few times
people haven't gotten the bits out of the mouths quick enough and shoved
hay in front of a face quick enough, but that's not necessarily abuse;
most of the time it's lack of knowledge ( first endurance ride, no help,
etc... ). I liked endurance BECAUSE people were so nice and so helpful
with their horses, not abusive. That's what makes this sport great- if
you see abuse or suspect it, hey, come tell us or the ride manager so it
gets handled properly. SOmetimes there is a reason for the things we
see... not always, but usually.
Gwen Dluehosh DVM

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999 01:57:13 EDT Dbeverly4@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 9/20/99 1:32:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
  If ANY of us took a camcorder or a Polaroid camera to an