Re: half chaps

Ok, I'm trying to not make this sound like a commercial plug for
Dover....but I do work there.
You can special order Tredsteps, just give us a call w/ the calf
circumference and leg height and we can have them make up a pair. It takes
generally 8 weeks to do, and they are non-returnable. They cost about the
same as the in-stock ones. The largest that they make is I think 18" calf by
19" height. I bet they can make a pair to fit you, Angie.....

Regarding Myler bits, they have 3 different levels of their bits, 1st level
is what they call harsh, but what it really is, is an indelicate bit, like
the snaffle. 3rd level is the softest, because you don't need to use any
force to get a response, like a ported barrel pelham. They do have an
excellent hackamore that I'm buying in a few weeks that you can use 2
different ways, either hook the reins near the noseband or down the curved
shanks as a lever. So it's really 2 hackamores in one. The book is excellent
and really helps to explain their system of curved mouthpieces and
independent movement. Oh, and you can also special order any of their bits
w/ or w/o lifters and different mouth sizes.

Ok, this really does sound like a plug for Dover, but then again, whenever I
happen to get an endurance rider on the phone, I plug ridecamp....   and for
the person wanting the phone#, it's 800-989-1500

Marlana Pitas & LL Rheebok
South Attleboro, MA
http://users.tp.net/lrp