green horse turning yellow!

Michelle Kurtz kurtz@pa.net
Hi!  I am hoping for some advice.  I have a green horse who I have
started doing LSD with.  He is wonderful and listens (most of the time)
and I just love him... Only problem is, he won't pee away from home (we
trailer out at least once a week)!  It wasn't a big deal at first, and
I figured when he really had to go he'd go... BUT, two weeks ago we
trailered out for an all day trip and by mid afternoon he REALLY had to go.
He started kicking at himself and got really grumpy (lower lip starts a flappin').
We didn't get home for another three or four hours and he held it until
he was in his own pasture.  He dropped and was going before I even
had the gate closed (and there was a river by the time he was done).
Then I saw him go again about five minutes later.  He did the same thing
yesterday.

Can he hurt himself by holding it that long?  Any advice on how to get him
to go?  I ride with another person who's horse has NO problems going and I had
hoped this would entice him to go (no luck)...

The worst part is, my older gelding (who is now retired) hates to go in public
also and will put his head in the trailer to avoid anyone seeing him when he
goes (okay, so he can't see anyone)!  So I thought I wouldn't have to worry
about this anymore when I retired the old boy!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

     Michelle and Scirachis ("but MOM, everyone is LOOKING!")
      and Fyre (" I'm telling you kid, don't do it!  They're all looking!")

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-