micro chips yes

Microchips are quickly and simply injected by syringe and needle under the skin of the horse typically in the neck close to the mane.  Your veterinarian can do this.  The system mine used is AVID Microchip System
Two of my horses have microchip identification, the third will eventually (he's young and the vet who has done this for me lives too far away now that I have moved).

The problem with microchip identification is that not every brand inspector or sale ring has a device to read the chip.

janetb