Re: RC: Egyptian Arabians in the Wall Street Journal/Boggs

Roberta Jo Lieberman wrote:

> There is a reference to the "superior marketing skills" of the US
> Arabian market: "The ad copy in the glossy Arabian Horse Times...could
> just as easily sell luxury automobiles." Perhaps David Boggs will have
> to start halter-training Lexuses.

Are you kidding? If he treated cars the way he did his horses in
training, he'd never win with "show cars". They would not heal from
cuts, whip welts, ginger-in-the-gas tank and under the paint job, and
heaven help him if he used anything remotely electrical/fire powered
around their ignition system! But it's a nice idea... then he could at
least go out with a bang!

I sure hope that this deal with David Boggs is the start of a good
clean-up act with IAHA and these shows. It would be nice to be able to
go to a good Class A Arabian horse show and actually enjoy seeing
beautiful, fine horses, without any artificial or contrived acting to
make them something they're not. Arabians are so beautiful to start
with, it's a shame what the show world has done to ruin so many of them
in spirit and quality of life, just for the sake of $$$ and status. It's
always nice to see a really good trainer who does not abuse the animals
in his care, but too many times the nice guys finish last and the little
guy never really did have a chance. There are exceptions, of course, but
in general, IAHA deserves a big thanks for following through with the
Boggs case and doing something about it. I'd hate to be the employee who
turned him in, tho! The saddest part about this case is that it is just
one that was brought to some sort of justice. I think it's about time to
go after ALL the others, and maybe this will be what it took to get that
started.

Ruth