RC: Re: CTR before endurance

It is easy to pick out the people that do both, or come from a background
of CTR.  Their horses are expected to be and are well behaved.  Attention
to details will get you more + points than you may think even in endurance.
And manners are a definite + in CTR, even CTR that is not NATRC.  Horses
that come from CTR background don't seem nearly as frantic in my
observations. The horses I've ridden have always scored well and I believe
it is simply because NATRC taught me to pay close attention to every single
little detail.
Have you noticed that frantic horses seem to usually have frantic riders?
And why not, it would frazel anyone to have to deal with all that spinning,
yelling, rodeo antics.  All of which should have been taken care of long
before entering the first ride.  Not to say a fit, energetic horse won't
show his exuberance at the beginning of a ride.  But even this can be dealt
with in a calm fashion so no one is in danger.
Did you notice the demenor of Jedi while standing in NYC?  Of course this
horse has seen it all, however, even when I rode him both ways (way back
before he became famous)  he was never a problem to handle at the beginning
of any ride, ever. And he was started on the race track.
Jan

>I know a lot of people do both endurance and CTR.  I'd be interested to
know
from them whether they think CTR helped them to learn to rate their horses
and some of the fundamentals which might have helped them to compete more
successfully in endurance?  Not to mention giving the horses a "heads up"
about competition expectations such as manners.
Dyane
N. Cal.<

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-