Some Pacific Crest Info

I attended and rode the 30, and tried to pay attention
at the awards meeting.  What I remember was:

  Total entry of about 65.
  Tom Jones won the 50 mile, and got BC.
  Dennis Grow won the 30 mile and got BC. (on his thoroughbred)
  Can't remember who won the 80. (Perhaps someone can
    provide??)

There were 6 pulls in the 50; and 1 in the 80.  No
pulls in the 30, where I think 24 or 26 riders
entered.

Only 8 rode in the 80 mile.

According to head vet, Ann Swartz, all pulls were for
lamenesses (stone bruises, etc.), no metabolics.
Weather was hot and humid, but beautiful.

Sue Riegel, So. Oregon
Peruvians and Keeshonden
Site updated 8/30/99:
http://sites.netscape.net/zureeg/viajerosranch