Cevi's Update 9/13/99

Juliua Stroup horsewmn@aol.com
Sorry I didn't send out an update yesterday, but we hit a glitch.  Or should
I say that Bruce hit a ditch.  Bruce (Cevi's boyfriend) was air lifted into
Harborview Hospital early yesterday morning after flipping his car.  He
sustained a head injury which at first was really scarey, but he's doing oh
so much better now (Thank you Jesus!!!).  Cevi and I saw him three times
today and he was talking and moving and all his tests were really good.
Cevi has been really busy, she kicked one of the hospital assistants this
morning (with her left leg, the weak one).  She moved to Children's Hospital
this morning and has been really bummed out, but I'm working on it.  She just
wants to cry and it took quite a bit to get her to verbalize what the problem
is.  Basically EVERYTHING changed today and she's kind of missing the
stability of our routine.  I just tried to pry her mouth open to get some
food in and she started laughing.  Her white cell count is 13.2 (Thank God)
and her strength is returning.  The doctor came in and said that after
reviewing Cevi's chart she is amazed at how much she can do (well I told her
where and who has gotten her this far).  The address here is;
Children's Hospital
4800 Sand Point Way NE, POB 5371
Seattle, WA  98105-0371
Cevi Arnold, Rm 212
(206) 526-2020 (and ask for rm 212, but please do not call before 8am or
after 8, thanks)
I feel a little peculiar also, being here with strange people, in a strange
place trying to help Cevi through a strange situation.  They've already
started working with her so much that I haven't been able to get her lunch
down her and it's now 3:30pm and she still hasn't been able to finish (I keep
warming it up).
We had some wonderful visiters this weekend and it really gave Cevi a MUCH
NEEDED boost.  Visiting will be a little different now that she's here.  We
will need to make sure that she's not scheduled for something or other.
I'll update again tomorrow.  Love you all and God Bless. -Juliua

P.S. The doctor just left and they're talking about putting the feeding tube back in since she won't (refuses) to eat on her own.  Maybe that will give her incentive to eat whether she's hungry or not.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-