Three Bars QH

My friend, you have a "foundation" bred quarter horse.  Three Bars is a thoroughbred."Without a shadow of a doubt, three Bars has had the greatest impact on the Quarter Horse bred of any horse in history."  Three Bars get are successful in cutting, reining, halfer, racing, and more.  Foaded in 1940, by Percentage, out of Myrtle Dee.  At two he went to the track, but had a strange physical problem:  His hind leg "turned ice cold."  He was extremely fast, but the owners chose not to race him with this peculiar condition from overexertion.  Three Bars has among his progeny 29 AQHA champions, among them Doc Bar, a grandson of Three Bars. Doc Bar is significant in cutting.  137 get of Three Bars earned their ROM in racing, 38 earned superior.  Perhaps you have heard of Jet Deck?

This information is gleaned from Legends, Diane Simmons, published by Western Horseman.

As a side note, my gelding goes to Bold Ruler, a TB Kentucky Derby winner.

Janetb