Re: RC: Norco music (for the record)

>The morning of the ride started at 430 with the most wonderful wake-up call.
>Starting very quietly, then increasing slowly to a very pleasant volume was
>the music from Riverdance!  I lay in my sleeping bag with a smile on my face
>and my wee Irish toes a tappin'.  Then came this haunting Irish melody
>floating over the mist that got me Irish eyes a cryin'!  I looked out of my
>trailer window at the horses stirring in the misty darkness; white shadows,
>dark shadows, ghost animals nickering quietly, moving about with the fog
>parting to let them pass through.  Ah, peace, I thought.  All is right with
>the world and we can get up now.

BArb,

Besides the fact that it wasn't Riverdance music, I thought you might
enjoy knowing that the name of the piece we played as the wakeup
music was "An Griandán" which means Horse With A Heart, by the artist
Altan (Ireland) from Horse With A Heart on Green Linnet Records
(1095) from 1995.  It's also available on the Celtic Tides collection
from one of my favorite labels, Putmayo.

Glad you enjoyed it.  We picked it out as the best of my little
collection while driving to 20 Mule Team in Feb.

I did get a chuckle at the folks at the ride, who thought that I'm
Irish, because of the Riverdance theme and my red hair/freckles.
Nope, 100% Russian, though I will agree to having the "luck o' the
Irish" when it came to this year's ride weather.  The ride was named
after the Arundo twisty/windies, which make you laugh as you rip
through them, in harmony with your horse.

Lynne

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-