Long X ride pics and results

Teresa Van Hove tvanhove@uswest.net
Hi all,

I finally got some digital pics from the LONG X ride put on the web page.
Go to http://www.users.uswest.net/~tvanhove to check them out.  One of the
ham radio volunteers took these and e-mailed them to me.  Those of you who t
think ND is nothing but wheat fields may find the pics enlightning.  I also
posted the ride results, hopefull w/o errors.

On the heartcheck thing - they can fail just like any tool. I'm too lazy to
pull out quotes but I believe Lynette said that 2 horses had an identical high
reading - sounds like a lack of electrode gel to me - different hrm receievers
have diff behavior when they cant find the signal and showing the last reading
is one - a knowledgeable operator should have spotted this and appied gel,
but not everyone would know that, especially if it was a new thing.  Lynette
you need to move to LD and then to endurance - then if you do get a false
reading on a pulse check it will cost nothing more than a minute or 2, less if
you explain very nicely that you think the electronics did not pick up a
good signal and ask for either a stethescope check or a generous slathering
of gel and a re-check with hrm.

Teresa

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-