Heartchecks

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
bpeck@together.net
Barb Peck

RE: Stethoscopes

I just recently bit the bullet and bought a $70 stethoscope
because I was having a hard time reading one of my
horses resting rate.  The salesman said it wasn't an "amplified"
scope, but it has a convex disc on it which to me amplifies
the sound of the heart beat.

I had told him, the  lub-dub sound of the heart was drowned
out by 1) strong wind blowing,  2) gut and sloshing sounds

With this scope... all you hear is the heart-beat...

Well worth the money.  Hard to make a mistake.
(but easy to make a mistake with my $15.00 scope)

So, how much are the hand held thingys?  Over $70.00?

Barb

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-