Re: RC: trailer loading, pain, and swollen eye

Dear April;
My mare had a swollen shut, teary eye once.  She had poked the cornea
with a stick.  The next morning after I noticed the eye the whole cornea
was white!  I freaked out...took her to the vet(the vet had told me to
contact him in the morning if it wasn't better).  I thought she was
blind for sure.
He put her on meds to dialate the pupils and additional gentocin drops
to heal the eye.  She had to be in the dark all the time, until the eye
healed(10 days+).  I had no barn, so took an old pair of worn out
levi's, cut them up so I had a soft piece of fabric, and matched the
pattern and dart of the inside of the fly mask...just the half she
needed.  I sewed them directly to the fly mask, using large stitches on
the machine, on the inside, soft part of the material to the eye side,
dart toward the mask.  She wore it without problem the whole time, and I
brought her into the shade to medicate.  It also absorbed the tearing,
and I could just wipe it pretty clean.  After she healed, and she did
heal 100 per cent, I took the basting stitch out and continued to use
the fly mask just fine.
Hope this helps.
Katee

--
Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit.