Bees!

Hi everyone, yes, isn't it a horrible year for bees? We are
finding them EVERYWHERE!!! Donte was out about 2+ weeks ago
and got stung in the neck. I was across the field and saw
him bouncing around and pawing at his head. He raced back
to the barn where I removed said bee. Poor baby just stood
and practically begged me to scratch it. Then without
warning, turned and kicked frantically at me. Then turned
for more lovin'. Did the kicking out at me 3 times. (And he
is NOT a kicker!) He also lays down and stands up, over and
over again when he gets stung. About 30 times altogether.
Well, one of the times he laid down, I noticed a lump on
the rear, outside area of his back L fetlock. Three round
lumps all clumped together. Raised up about 1/2" and about
3/4" across each lump. Not hot, didn't appear to be
painful, but I assumed they were bee stings and put
benadryl on them and an ice pack. Now, 2+ weeks later, they
are still there. My farrier and also Julie Lindeman (local
horse guru and ridecamper) both seem to think the bees
stung him in the tendon sheath and that is what is now
swollen. Like I said, they are not hot, not painful, he
trots around with Classy like nothing is wrong. I rode once
since, just a short easy ride. They didn't get larger or
hot. Advice from farrier, is take it easy and watch for
them to get bigger. I think the bees could be the culprit,
his kicking may have been him trying to get me to get them
off of him and I just didn't "get" it!  Any ideas or
suggestions out there? We started on MSM a couple days ago,
also farriers advice. Farrier said it reminded him of
windpuffs, only on the back/outside of the fetlock.

===
Heidi              /\_/\~