National Championship Revised Edition

Well gang I never quite expected such a response but I think there may be way
to appease both sides here.  The general consensus was that the level of
competition is different in the the different regions of the country.  This I
would agree has merit.  With this is the idea that a true champion cannot be
crowned without head to head competition.

 So  this is what I have come up with to possibly make this agreeable.  Have
your championship ride in early October however to qualify for this ride you
need to have 750 miles on your horse and rider team for that season 30 days
prior to the championship race.  Half of those miles need to have been top
ten miles.  The championship race would then at that time be a contest of
those who endured the season and our now on the same field for the
championship.  Much like a tournament with the winner being the best that
day, however all of the teams have competed hard all year and then have the a
shot at the big dance.

This is not my first choice but I feel is a truer representation of our sport
than the horse that can be bubblegummed and ducttaped together for two or
maybe three rides.  I am unable to understand the lack of desire for people
to ride that supposedly that is what they like to do.

This plan as with all plans will be inequitable for some, but then so is a
great game we call life.

This will be my last post publicly on this matter.  But would encourage
individual dialogue for those who would like to talk to me about furthering
my ideas.

Respectfully submitted,

Tim Hanson
Oregon