Saddle and Conditioning Question...

     Hello,

     I am emerging from lurkdom for a brief couple of questions.  I've
     learned so much by just listening and lurking for the past few months,
     I am almost afraid to ruin it by posting, but here goes.

     First, the saddle debate concerning Orthoflex and endurance saddles in
     general brought up a related question.  A Cousin-in-law(?) has a
     treeless saddle.  Apparently they were big a few years ago with the
     barrel racing crowd.  Anyone used one of these for endurance, or know
     someone who has?  How did they work, what didn't work, like it? hate
     it?

     Also, I am considering a move to about 3 acres of property with a barn
     (yea!) but, no visible trails in the vicinity (there might be some and
     I just don't know where they are yet.)  Assuming there aren't any
     trails within riding distance, and knowing that I don't have a trailer
     or regular access to one, is anyone in the same situation?  How do you
     train and condition?  Going around in circles in the pasture can only
     be done for so long, I imagine.  The road is medium-busy, but there is
     a neighborhood behind the property with less busy streets.  It's
     pseudo rural, and would be about a 7 or 8 mile ride through the
     neighborhood, over RR tracks (eek!) and with little or no shoulder
     before getting to an area of mostly pasture and wide shoulders on back
     roads.  I am amused and frightened by turns when I think of riding to
     the back woods, dodging mailboxes and angry lawn owners so I don't
     pound Zane's legs into the pavement.  Any ideas?

     Thanks!

     Kenzie & Zane  (0 miles, but working on it :)
     Birmingham, AL