Horse shying when cars pass - need help

Sharon Settles settl002@mc.duke.edu
Advise please!!!  I have a 4 year old mare that has only been
ridden for < 1 year.  She has picked up a relatively new habit
of shying when some cars pass.  Nothing is consistent though. We
can have 3 cars pass with no reaction and then 1 will go by and
she'll side step 5 feet or try to bolt.  It was fun having 3 school
buses pass this morning before I got to my off road trail!!
She shys whether she is in the front of the pack or back of the
pack (even when the other horses don't react.)  She seems to shy
more heading home or at dusk when the car lights are on.  Any
advise on how to desensitize her?  Please cc me directly at
settl002@mc.duke.edu because I don't have access to the list until
the archives are available.  I hope someone has a solution that
works.  She is otherwise a fairly calm horse that rarely reacts to
anything on the trail.  Thanks.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-