Re: [RC: Re: Kickers/CTR penalties]

<<The obnoxious "game show" buzzer noise works very well...it's quick, can be
said quietly (if trained at home to respond to this, they don't need a loud
correction), and can't be confused with "Ho" or "Whoa".  I use it a lot for
correction...often followed with a snarly "Don't even THINK about it!" when I
sense them getting ready for a display of bad ground manners.  (The last part
probably more for my benefit since the horse usually gets the message with the
initial growl! ;-))

Wow, it was like looking into my backyard!  Thats exactly what I do.  Mine are
so trained to the noise that a horse can be pawing at the other end of the
barn and I growl at them and they stop.  The other horses look out like "it
wasn't me, so who was being bad?"  One of the first things I used to teach my
students (I don't teach anymore) was "the noise".  I think it is vital to good
horsemanship, well, at least around mine, anyway.

Karen

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-