Sheath Cleaning

OK, this is why I have mares.  Having said that, I have found that if you
squirt some oil up there is loosens everything up sufficiently to make the job
much easier.  I have had to do horses that had never been done and were in
their teens.  One gelding I used to own was white and his hind legs were
almost black with the stuff.  It took a couple of times to clean him up enough
to stop the drips.  Once I was cleaning out a yearling, in the front yard,
with a friend holding him, and holding her two year old son, with a nine year
old watching.  Every time a car went by we pretended we were just on a social
visit.  The colt couldn't have cared less what I was doing.  My usual problems
with him and his hind end are more related to "watcha doin'" than anything
else.  Ever tried to clean hind hooves with the horse watching you?  Doesn't
work very well.  If he could bend that way he would be behind himself watching
me scrape out those frogs.

Karen H.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-