Fwd: Morgan Springs

Yes I was there.  I have ridden that ride about 5 times.  The last time Sarah
had it she tacked on the extra loop.  Riders complained as they had ridden it
in the past without the loop and it was a 50 mile loop, so she took it off.
Now it's back on again.  I have over 4000 ride miles, yes I know, there are
more riders with 1000's more miles, but I feel I can judge milege and I truly
believe that ride is over 50.
I agree with you on the vet situation.  Apparantly they used to farriers
before becoming vets?  That  was what I had heard.  I know vets are hard to
get and all we can hope is if there is a problem it will be handled correctly.
Keri

---- Begin included message ----
Keri,

I did the 50 and my girlfriend did the 100.  I don't think the 50 was over
50 miles.  I do think it was a "true 50", which are rare in the area I
live.  It also felt long since vet checks were few and far between.  My
girlfriend that did the 100 felt the first 50 (same as we did) was true,
but that her second 50 was possibly not a true 50.  The ride was beautiful,
but the dust was unbearable, especially if riding behind another horse.  I
was not overally crazy about the vet staff as well, but we had a successful
ride just the same.

Were you there?

Jennifer Layman
Menlo Park, CA