Re: RC: Trail Loss Auburn-Cool Area N.Ca

Linda_Merims@ne.3com.com wrote:
> One thing people REALLY NEED TO UNDERSTAND when they go
> to one of these hearings is that it is best to have a
> WRITTEN version of your position, and to hand that in
> at the same time you make your oral statements.  Such a
> hearing can have true legal standing and what you say is
> actually a form of testimony.  To get your testimony into
> the official record, it needs to be written on paper and signed.
> It is permanent.  It is concrete.

I very much want to fax something to the GDPUD offices
on this subject (was very dismayed, seeing as the trails
they mention are my main stomping ground), but don't quite
know what to say. This is what I came up with so far:

"Dear Sirs

I strongly object to GDPUD limiting access to trails
described in Ordinance 99-02. I have ridden in this area
for years and feel it would be a gross disservice to those
who have worked so hard to maintain these trails, some of
which have been around for many, many years".

Steve? Anyone on the Georgetown Divide? What else could I
say? I'm not sure from the proposal, exactly what will be
affected, so I can't be terribly specific.

Help! I am poised to send this, and grab everyone I can
think of around here to fax something similar.

Would three identically worded faxes from three different
people be more useful than one fax with three signatures
on the bottom?

Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
Repotted english person in Sacramento, CA
http://www.calweb.com/~elsie

with Mouse and Provo