Re: RC: Ridecamp for recuperation

Hi Debby,

GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE O.K.!!!!!  Many people were very anxious for your
welfare.

I didn't save the posts, but I'll sum them up briefly for you:

A rider is being airlifted out.

Oh no!! Anybody know who it is????

Debby Lyon is hurt.

Oh NO!!! Does anybody know how she is?  (many posts)

Debby will be O.K.

Thank goodness!!! (many posts)

I saw it and a rider's saddle slipped off his horse's rump causing whole
thing.  No breast collar.

What??? No breastcollar at Tevis??  What a doofus!!!  (Many posts)

Major debate ensues on whether breast collars are needed at Tevis.  Many
give testimonials that they could tow a train up Cougar Rock by their
Crupper and not need one.

Riders who finished  with no breastcollar attack those who use volatile
words like "Doofus".

Somebody suggests rules to bar Doofuses who might get good people like
Debby Lyon hurt.

Major debate ensues over hatred for any additional rules.

People occassionally remember what started it all and ask "How's Debby?"

Someone says it was not very professional to announce your name.

Someone else corrects them that we're all your friends and your husband
had been notified.

By now people in Louisiana are purchasing breastcollars and cruppers.

Someone brings up rider liability and we all ignore them.

Original witness to lack of breastcollar managed to point out she
understands risk and safety gear by mentioning child is competing in
In-line Skating National Championships in New York.  (I'd have done the
same)

Dust dies.  Friendships will gradually be repaired as soon as we all
change the subject to weight divisions or "Is Limited Distance
Endurance?".

Angie McGhee & Kaboot
Wildwood, GA

I would not change my horse with any that treads.  When I bestride him I
soar; I am a hawk.
Shakespeare