Scratches

Tamara Combs tamara_combs@hotmail.com
Does anyone out there have suggestions for curing and then preventing scratches in a horse that has a tendency to get them ?  I've recently moved this guy from California to Virginia, where although we're having a terrible drought, the grass is damp at night, etc. and he's got himself a bad case.  I've been softening the scabs with vaseline, washing well with betadine, and drying very well for 2 weeks now without much improvement.  I've heard that some have used a 50/50 mixture of baby oil and vinegar, sprayed on daily as a preventative.  Anyone tried that ?  First, I have to get rid of them though.  We're keeping him off the pasture at night, til it dries out in the a.m., and keeping him in out of the occasional rain.  Any ideas ??

Many thanks !!  Tamara and Cody (Dancer too, but she doesn't have white socks & doesn't get scratches.)

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-