Re: RC: Cause and Effect

karen@chaton.gardnerville.nv.us writes:

<< I wasn't trying to link anything to you Heidi.  I just thought it was a
bit hypocritical of you to be so willing to automatically judge somebody
based upon one side of the story.  I guess it can work one way for some
people and another way for you?   >>

Karen, I take it that just because I have been attacked means that I am not
entitled to share my viewpoints?  NOT!  And as for "judging", I can well
believe that the person was oblivious, and I did not argue that point.  God
knows, I've seen it happen!  DIMR, or whatever.  But that lack of observation
is a "whole 'nuther can of worms" from the deliberate act of riding off
knowing you have caused damage--it is somehow a sort of zombie state that
people cite as if it absolves everything.  I included the illustration about
hit-and-run car accidents--just try careening over the sidewalk in your car,
wiping out a pedestrian, driving away, and then pleading with the officer
(when you are pegged by eye witnesses) as you bat your eyes and weep, that
you "just didn't know" you had caused any damage.  NO ONE disputes that this
party's horse (and I honestly don't even know who we are talking about here)
went caroming down a crowded trail, riderless, and interfered with several
other horses, including Debby's, and that Debby suffered serious injury.
Surely the rider knew that his horse had gotten loose???  Surely he knew that
there were other riders out there on the trail???  I am fuzzy as to what the
rider did before going on, but those two facts DO NOT seem to be in dispute.
So where is the argument here?  The responsible thing to do would be to at
least inquire of other riders if there had been any damage caused before
proceeding on.  If the rider proceeded knowing full well that Debby was lying
injured and did nothing to acertain that help was on the way, that's one
thing--I'd call it mean and malicious.  If, on the other hand, the rider
truly did not know, and just mounted up and rode off into the sunset (or away
from the sunrise, as the case would have been), then that act in itself
displays irresponsibility for one's actions.  No, I was NOT there, and I
won't venture to guess which of those scenarios is the truth.  My point is
that it doesn't really matter.  In either case, the rider jumped the curb out
of control, wiped out the figurative pedestrian, and went on.

As to your linking this to innuendos posted about me--OK, so it wasn't
deliberate--it was just your keyboard....  As for my being a hypocrite--well,
let me just say that I stand behind my actions, and those of you who wish to
continue to thrive on half-baked half-truths, you're welcome to get your
jollies any way that suits you, I guess.  No skin off my nose.

Heidi