Re: Breeding for endurance

Heidi,.. It's interesting to see where all this goes.  My Mare Eden's
Cailana Reg #46450, has given me three offspring two mares and a
gelding.  All three are incredible and they allhave different Sires.  I
Breed Fille de Cailana, who is by Bezatel to a Spanish Stallion owned by
Corky Young (Gandhy Dancer) last year right after the Tevis win on her.
Then I transferred the fertil egg to a sorrogate mare from UC Davis.
I'm really anxious to see the results.  Incidently the  reason I breed
to Gandhy Dancer is he was the sire of the Gelding I got from Cailana
and I really like him Too.  Eden's Cailana is going to be 32 this year
and I got a hunch that with a lot of care I can get another egg from her
this year for a fourth foal of this incredible horse!  Anybody who has
been around a few years remembers how great Cailana was as a youngster.
Like in 1978 when we arrived in Auburn first on the Tevis only to loose
by three minutes because of the group starts.  She like her get have
always been a pleasure to ride!
Potato