little horse TOUGH MOUTH

Okay guys...

I bought this mare a couple years ago from a lady who owned her for 10 years.
She is now 12. I ride her every now and then. I must admit I spend most of my
time with my gelding that I do endurance on.

After she has her foal in March, I would like to slowly start conditioning her
and maybe take her to a couple rides. But, she has the toughest darn mouth in
the world.

I don't know if the lady before me caused this problem or if the horse just
has a tough mouth,  but I realllllly have to pull back to get her to stop and
I don't like this!!!

Any suggestions for training methods or even perhaps a bit that may also help
(I have always ridden her with a D ring snaffle and so did the lady before me
- I really know nothing about bits)

Please, any suggestions would be appreciated

Kati Walker
Chattanooga, Tn