Re: HORSES & ECONOMICS

Ok, I'm going out on the limb here.  Do we know for sure the certain pedigrees
make better endurance horses or have certain pedigrees been promoted within
the endurance riding market?  Are we (endurance riders) becoming so arrogant
that we must have a 'the pedigree' to participate?

The fact that most us of ride Arabians and they have always been known for
their endurance should that speak for itself.

Since I became involved in endurance I've looked back over the Arabs I've
owned through the years and some of them would've made great endurance horses
had I known about the sport.  Their breeding probably wouldn't have agreed
with some people.

I applaud those who try to keep the CMK line alive and well. It is a good
thing and we need it.

But don't condemn a horse who doesn't have "accepted" breeding and tell the
person that he will never make and endurance horse.  Who knows, you may find
that particular breeding does make an excellent endurance horse.

We all have something to learn...and should we forget that, then we are
doomed.

Diane