Rescue Horses - temporary So. Ca. homes needed

I got this from a friend that recently rescued a fantastic, extremely
well bred 4 yr. old arab gelding through Rosanne. She asked that I
forward it. Please pass it on to anyone who may be inclined to help!

> We have what could be an emergency on our hands.  There are approximately 12
> arabian horses from a old-time breeding operation (started in the 40's) that
> were donated to Cal Poly Pomona.  They were one step away from going to the
> killer buyer when a few students said, "over our dead bodies"...several are
> older mares of very very old lines.
>
> We desperately need some temporary homes in the Southern CA area.  Anyone
> who can put up one or two---they are NOT from the feedlot so no strangles
> threat. If you can help...please email me IMMEDIATELY.
>
> Thanks Roseann  http://www.ahrn.org/

Here's a description of the gelding Stacy rescued. After reading this,
you'll find it hard to believe that this horse was at a feedlot and was
headed for processing.

Stacy's Chance is **absolutely** awesome!!! He's about 14.3, has size 1
feet, short stout cannons (8+ inch), a fantastic shoulder and excellent
hip, a super well made leg on each corner, good back and strong loin. He
has four great gaits; long, floaty and smooth. Conformationally and
mentally, he's cut out to do top 10 endurance... he's a real piece of
work.

He's been well cared for until recently, and it shows in his lush coat,
full mane and tail, and excellent hoof condition. He's had significant
professional training. He's willing, quiet and calm, and very mature for
his age. He's an awesome dark bay with a beautiful face, and is in
excellent condition. He's ALSO sweepstakes nominated!!!

Why didn't the breeder want him back? Well, he isn't show quality. Not
quite. Is a little too sturdy looking to do well in the ring. Not rough,
just sturdy. And I understand her Rolls Royce needed work, so it wasn't
a good month for her to rescue him for a few $$. Seriously, there was
some excuse like that. Poor lady, huh?

Stacy got him for around $700 - including all of the vet work.

For more info and for future reference, bookmark:

  http://www.ahrn.org/

 Linda Cowles
 Gilroy, Ca.