what is the best....crew

The best thing my crew did for me:

This November at the Long Leaf 100, my husband Bill was crewing for me,
with two daughters (8 and 12) tagging along, and having to drive a huge
3/4 ton custom van.  He's a wizard at finding all the road
crossings...and having the judgement to know whether we've already been
there or not when he gets there.

When it got dark and turned cold...there were those running lights in the
distance...with a jacket.  He even knew to put food right in my mouth
since my hands were about 10 steps beyond filthy.

Then we had to go out on the last 10 mile loop, which had no markers
whatsoever.  He had scouted out the loop earlier and knew where we needed
to turn.  We didn't have to think...we just rode along semi-asleep.  He'd
park at the next turn and wait until he'd see our glow sticks coming and
then turn on those WONDERFUL running lights, and hand me another flake of
hay for Kaboot.

 Then the course turned down a tiny dirt road which was blocked by
several parked tractor trailers.  We turned in thinking he'd have to turn
back...but there he came driving that huge van around them in the ditch
and he drove on ahead of us.  When we got to the end of that long one
lane dirt road with ditches on either side, there was a locked forest
service gate.  It was raining by then...11PM he was going to have to find
a way to turn this huge van with very bad visibility around on a slick
road, and had two sleeping kids in the back.

>From there we were afraid we were on our own.  We went around the gate
and rode along, arguing as to whether we were lost or not...worrying
about where we should turn...and just when I thought for sure we were
lost...there were those wonderful running lights in the distance, with
raincoats, hay and water.  I've never loved him so much.  It turns out he
was also helping out a lone rider who was 20 minutes behind us, and I
think if I hadn't already married him that she would have.  So far she's
sent us 2 letters and a Christmas card telling how thankful she was to
see those running lights. :-))

Angie

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]