Re: Nutrition ????

For all the trained folks, experienced folks, and nutritional buffs out in
ridecamp land....I've got a question that I've been wanting to ask....I have a
pregnant, hypothyroid, very fat pony.  She is due April 1 (her 3rd foal).  I
have been wondering how to properly manage the increased nutritional needs due
to pregnancy balanceing this with the need to avoid her putting on any more
weight.  I feed her about 1/2 cup of 10% sweet feed, 1 tbsp Clovite vitamins,
Strongid C, her Thyroid meds, about 2 cups beet pulp (dry measure), Oat hay
with Alfalfa cubes (several cubes only).  I wonder about her having enough
good food and vitamins/minerals with the tiny amount she is being fed.  The
total volume of feed, vit/meds, alfalfa and beet pulp equal about 5-6 cups at
each of two feedings per day.  She is turned out during the day on bermuda
pasture, but doesn't really graze much at all.  Note: her previous foals were
born healthy and energetic.  Any comments?  I really worry about her.
Thanks
Leigh
PS I added the beet pulp so she would think she's getting something, without
it, her feeding looks tiny!