distance rides for newbies

Hi Penny - welcome aboard!!

You can check out ECTRA - we sanction many rides in PA (and maybe
surrounding states?) as much of our membership is there.

ECTRA is mainly about competitive trail riding - a slightly different
beast than endurance, but actually a good place to go entry level
distance riding.

There's a URL - http://unix.worldpath.net/~lcrowley/ectra/

You're more than welcome to email me privately with any questions about
getting started.

Abby Bloxsom
Connecticut