Re: Standardbred correction/saddlebred

>I believe this cross is called a National Show Horse and the ones I
>have seen>are beautiful and used mostly in the show ring, havent seen
any on the>endurance trail?

Sure you have, but nobody in endurance calls them National Show Horses.
Check out Werber's Sensation, ridden by Russel Broussard.  He's a 16 hand
knock out.  He was on the silver medal team at the North American
Championship in Arizona.  Poor Russel is a heavy weight and his hands
were blistered and his horse was wearing a place from his chin strap, but
he was still having to hold him back hard at 40 miles.

I think they originally had the idea of a "National Show Horse" for
showing, but then people who had been trying to cross Arabs with
Thoroughbreds to get large endurance horses noticed that the Saddlebred
seems to make a better cross.  Maybe somebody needs to come up with a new
name.  How's about "National Big Endurance Horse"?

Angie

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]